Discover the SensorTile,
a tiny Bluetooth multi-sensor module
Learn how to jump-start your next IoT design with a development platform and 13 degrees of freedom
This 1-hour webinar will show you how to simplify the integration of sensors, low-energy Bluetooth Smart connectivity, a low-power microcontroller and sensor fusion libraries into your next IoT design using the SensorTile development kit (STEVAL-STLKT01V1).
The tiny SensorTile is a 13.5 x 13.5 mm turnkey sensor board, containing a low power, high-performance inertial module (accelerometer + gyroscope), a state-of-the-art compass module (magnetometer + accelerometer), a moisture and dust resistant pressure sensor, a Digital MEMS microphone and the BlueNRG-MS Bluetooth Smart network processor. With the on-board low-power STM32L4 microcontroller, it can be used as a sensing and connectivity hub for developing products such as wearables, gaming accessories, and smart-home or Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices.
Join us Wednesday, February 22 at 12 noon CST
You will learn:
- How to quickly develop a Bluetooth Smart sensor node prototype with the SensorTile development kit and the comprehensive STM32 Open Development Environment.
- How to create a Bluetooth Smart sensor datalogger using the SensorTile board and its companion BlueMS mobile app for smartphones and tablets (Android and iOS)
- How to easily integrate sensor fusion and context awareness algorithms into your sensor node design using our Open Software Expansion development suite
- How to upgrade firmware over the air (OTA) using Bluetooth Smart and a mobile app
- How to add automatic speech recognition (ASR) to your application using the SensorTile and cloud-based ASR services
Application engineers will be available to answer your questions directly online.
There is no charge to participate in this event, but you must register through my.st.com.
If you already have a my.st.com account, REGISTER NOW.
If you do not have a my.st.com account, click here to create your account and register.
12:00 PM – 12:45 PM (CST)
- Introduction to the SensorTile development kit
- Log your sensor data via Bluetooth Smart
- Explore sensor fusion and context awareness through ST’s Open Software Expansion development suite
- Learn how to implement automatic speech recognition using the on-board digital microphone and the BlueMS mobile app for smartphones and tablets (Android and iOS)
- Upgrade the SensorTile firmware over the air using the BlueMS mobile app
12:45 PM – 1:00 PM
SensorTile development kit
The SensorTile kit (STEVAL-STLKT01V1) is available now from distributors or can be purchased directly from st.com, priced at $89.00.
Main features of SensorTile core system:
- LSM6DSM 3D accelerometer + 3D gyroscope
- LSM303AGR 3D magnetometer + 3D accelerometer
- LPS22HB pressure sensor/barometer
- MP34DT04 digital MEMS microphone
- Ultra-low-power STM32L476 microcontroller based on a 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 core
- BlueNRG-MS network processor with integrated 2.4 GHz RF transceiver
For further information please visit www.st.com/sensortile
The complete kit includes cradle expansion boards, with a micro-SD card socket that can be plugged into any STM32 Nucleo board to expand developers’ options.
The pack also contains a LiPo rechargeable battery and a plastic case that provides a convenient housing for the cradle, SensorTile, and battery combination.
Software development is fast thanks to a comprehensive, user-friendly Application Program Interface (API) based on the STM32Cube Hardware Abstraction Layer and middleware components, including the STM32 Open Development Environment.
The system is fully compatible with ST’s Open Software Expansion development suite (Open.MEMS, Open.RF, and Open.Audio libraries), as well as many third-party embedded sensing and voice-processing projects. Many example programs available in source code offer a starting point for evaluation and customization, including software for position sensing, activity recognition, and low-power voice communication.