The STPMS2 also called “smart sensor” device, is an ASSP designed for effective measurement in power line systems utilizing the Rogowski coil, current transformer and Hall or shunt sensors. This device is designed as a building block for single-phase or multi-phase energy meters along with the STPMC1 device, a digital signal processor designed for energy measurement. This device can be used in medium and high resolution measurement applications where single or double inputs must be monitored at the same time. The STPMS2 is a mixed signal IC consisting of an analog and digital section. The analog section consists of a programmable gain, low noise chopper amplifier, two second-order ΔΣ modulator blocks, a bandgap voltage reference, a low drop voltage regulator and DC buffers, while the digital section consists of a clock generator and output multiplexer.
- VCC supply range 3.2 V to 5.5 V
- Two second-order sigma-delta (ΣΔ) modulators
- Programmable chopper-stabilized low noise and low offset amplifier
- Supports 50-60 Hz, EN 50470-1, EN 50470-3, IEC 62053-21, IEC 62053-22 and IEC 62053- 23 standard specs for class 1, class 0.5 and class 0.2 AC watt meters
- STPMS2L-PUR: less than 0.5% error over 1:5000 range
- Precision voltage reference: 1.23 V with programmable TC
- Internal low drop regulator @ 3 V (typ.)