STM32CubeMX is part of STMicroelectronics STMCube™ original initiative to make developers’ lives easier by reducing development effort, time and cost. STM32Cube covers the whole STM32 portfolio.
STM32Cube includes STM32CubeMX, a graphical software configuration tool that allows the generation of C initialization code using graphical wizards.
It also embeds a comprehensive software platform, delivered per Series (such as STM32CubeF4 for STM32F4 Series). This platform includes the STM32Cube HAL (an STM32 abstraction layer embedded software ensuring maximized portability across the STM32 portfolio), the STM32Cube LL (low-layer APIs, a fast, light-weight, expert-oriented layer), plus a consistent set of middleware components such as RTOS, USB, TCP/IP and graphics. All the embedded software utilities are delivered with a full set of examples.
STM32CubeMX is a graphical tool that allows a very easy configuration of STM32 microcontrollers and the generation of the corresponding initialization C code through a step-by-step process.
Step one consists in selecting the STMicroelectronics STM32 microcontroller that matches the required set of peripherals.
The user must then configure each required embedded software thanks to a pinout-conflict solver, a clock-tree setting helper, a power-consumption calculator, and an utility performing MCU peripheral configuration (GPIO, USART, ..) and middleware stacks (USB, TCP/IP, ...).
Finally, the user launches the generation of the initialization C code based on the selected configuration. This code is ready to be used within several development environments. The user code is kept at the next code generation.
- Intuitive STM32 microcontroller selection
- Microcontroller graphical configuration:
- Pinout with automatic conflict resolution
- Clock tree with dynamic validation of configuration
- Peripherals and middleware functional modes and initialization with dynamic validation of parameter constraints
- Power sequence with estimate of consumption results
- C code project generation covering STM32 microcontroller initialization compliant with IAR™, Keil™ and GCC compilers.
- Available as a standalone software running on Windows®, Linux® and macOS® (Apple Inc. trademark registered in the U.S. and other countries) operating systems, or through Eclipse plug-in