The IAR Embedded Workbench IAR-EWSTM8 is a software development tool and provides full support for devices in the STM8AF, STM8AL, STM8L, and STM8S Series, as well as the STLUX™digital controllers.
This product is supplied by a third party not affiliated to ST. For complete and latest information on the specification and the purchased parts package, refer to the third party website.
- Key components:
- Integrated development environment with project management tools and editor
- Highly optimizing C and C++ compiler for STM8
- Automatic checking of MISRA C rules (MISRA-C:2004)
- Configuration files for all STM8 devices
- Run-time libraries
- Relocating STM8 assembler
- Linker and librarian tools
- C-SPY® debugger with STM8 simulator and support for RTOS-aware debugging on hardware
- Example projects and code templates
- User and reference guides in PDF format
- Context-sensitive online help
- Debugging system support::
- C-SPY® Debugger simulator
- STice Emulator system
- ST-Link debug probe
- C-SPY® Debugger plugging SDK available for third party debuggers
- RTOS support:
- RTOS-aware debugging with built-in plugging for OSEK Run Time Interface ORTI
- The RTOS plugging installs a number of new windows in C-SPY® , most importantly the task or thread list windows where task-specific breakpoints can be specified and task-specific steps executed. Different inspector windows display the contents of the internal data structures of the RTOS such as timers, queues, semaphores, resources and mailboxes.