STiD127 is STMicroelectronics’ next generation front-end device for interactive cable gateway and set-top box applications.
STiD127 provides a solution for operators to specify a range of very high-performance DOCSIS 3.0 and DVB-C video channels.
A total of 16 demodulation channels can be used. Eight for video, eight for DOCSIS.
A powerful dual-core CPU allows telephony and data distribution including routing/switching and firewalling. This allows the STiD127 to use the associated set-top box as a home, triple-play gateway (combined VoIP, video and broadband).
- Dual CPU architecture - one for DOCSIS® and one for host including eRouting and VoIP management
- ARM Cortex-A9 770 MHz, dual-core CPU with NEON™ SIMD co-processor
- DOCSIS 3.0 data cable modem:
- Up to 8 downstream channels (up to 400 Mbit/s)
- Up to 4 upstream channels
- 8 video QAM demodulation channels
- QAM video operations independent from DOCSIS
- Digital direct interface to full band tuners
- VoIP through ARM Cortex-A9 CPU:
- 1 VoIP line with PacketCable™ 1.5 or 2.0 reference software
- 2 x PCI-e interfaces for WiFi connectivity
- DDR2/3, 8/16-bit LMI interface
- Serial NOR, SPI interface
- 3 Gbit Ethernet ports
- Flexible channel allocation for active standby power consumption reduction