This device is part of ST's second generation of 600 V tandem diodes. It has ultralow switching-losses with a minimized QRR that makes it perfect for use in circuits working in hard-switching mode. In particular the VF / QRR trade-off positions this device between standard ultrafast diodes and silicon-carbide Schottky rectifiers in terms of price/performance ratio.
The device offers a new positioning giving more flexibility to power-circuit designers looking for good performance while still respecting cost constraints.
Featuring ST's Turbo 2 600 V technology, the device is particularly suited as a boost diode in continuous conduction mode power factor correction circuits.
- High voltage rectifier
- Tandem diodes in series
- Very low switching losses
- Insulated device with internal ceramic
- Equal thermal conditions for both 300 V diodes
- Static and dynamic equilibrium of internal diodes are warranted by design
- Insulated package:
- Insulated voltage: 2500 VRMS sine