The X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 (see Figure 1) is an NFC card reader evaluation board based on CR95HF-VMD5T to enable expansion of the STM32 Nucleo boards.
The CR95HF manages frame coding and decoding in Reader mode for standard applications, such as NFC, proximity and vicinity standards.
The CR95HF embeds an analog front end to provide the 13.56 MHz air interface.
The CR95HF supports ISO/IEC 14443 Type A and B, ISO/IEC 15693 (single or double subcarrier) and ISO/IEC 18092 communication protocols, besides being MIFARE® Classic compatible1. It also supports the detection, reading and writing of NFC Forum Type 1, 2, 3 and 4 tags.
The CR95HF features an optimized power management scheme, including tag detection mode.
Communication with the Host Controller is ensured through Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) Slave or Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART).
The X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 is compatible with the ST Arduino™ UNO R3 connector pin assignment.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) card reader evaluation board based on CR95HF, designed for expansion of STM32 Nucleo boards
- Reader/Writer modes supported
- 47 mm x 34 mm, four turns, 13.56 MHz inductive antenna etched on PCB, and associated tuning circuit
- RF communication
- ISO/IEC 14443 (A and B)
- ISO/IEC 15693
- ISO/IEC 18092
- MIFARE® Classic compatible
- Equipped with Arduino™ UNO R3 connector
- Four general purpose LEDs
- Scalable solution, capable of cascading multiple boards for larger systems
- Free comprehensive development firmware library and examples for CR95HF, compatible with STM32Cube firmware
- FCC certified
- RoHS compliant