FP-CLD-WATSON1 is an STM32 ODE function pack. It can connect IoT node based on STM32 Nucleo to IBM Watson IoT, transmit sensor data and receive commands from remote applications. This package lets you jump-start end-to-end IoT development so that you can focus on adding desired functions.
The software includes a middleware package implementing the MQTT protocol to facilitate interaction between the STM32 Nucleo board and Cloud services.
The package is further extended with pre-integrated algorithms for the processing of accelerometers data which can be used to detect vibration from devices such as motors, fans and pumps. Maximum frequencies and tear/wear conditions of the device under test are reported together with raw sensors data to IBM Watson IoT thus enabling and speeding up development of solutions for industrial condition monitoring and predictive maintenance.
Wi-Fi and IBM Watson IoT parameter configuration is greatly simplified thanks to the use of NFC. The software runs on the STM32 microcontroller and includes drivers for the Wi-Fi module (SPWF01SA), sensor devices (HTS221, LPS25HB, LSM6DS0, LIS3MDL, LSM303AGR, LSM6DSL, IIS2DH) and dynamic NFC/RFID tag (M24SR64-Y).
- Complete middleware to build applications based on Wi-Fi connectivity, inertial and environmental sensors, and to connect STM32 Nucleo to IBM Watson IoT Cloud
- Provided software interface to access temperature and humidity sensor (HTS221), pressure sensor (LPS25HB), motion sensors (LIS3MDL, LSM303AGR, LSM6DS0, LSM6DSL, IIS2DH) and to write and read the RFID/NFC tag (M24SR64-Y)
- Integrated MQTT protocol middleware
- Integrated Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) algorithm for vibration analysis
- Sample implementation available on X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 or X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1, X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1, and X-NUCLEO-NFC01A1, when both connected to NUCLEO-F401RE
- Easy access to IBM Watson IoT Cloud services for sensors data visualization and processing
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms