The X-CUBE-AWS software expansion package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32L4 Series, STM32F4 Series and STM32F7 Series microcontrollers acting as end devices.
X-CUBE-AWS runs on three platforms. The B-L475E-IOT01 board supports WiFi® connectivity with an on-board Inventek module. It is equipped with a set of sensors able to report: humidity, temperature, 3-axis magnetic data, 3D acceleration, 3D gyroscope data, atmospheric pressure, time-of-flight, and gesture detection. The 32F413HDISCOVERY board supports WiFi® connectivity with an on-board Inventek module. The 32F769IDISCOVERY board natively provides an Ethernet interface.
For the three boards, a sample application performs the configuration of the board WiFi® parameters if WiFi® is used and of its AWS security credentials, the connection to the Internet, the connection to AWS, and the publication of MQTT messages and the corresponding subscription.
With the 32F769IDISCOVERY board, the AWS connection is handled via Ethernet instead of WiFi®.
For more details refer to user manual Getting started with X-CUBE-AWS Amazon web services IoT software expansion for STM32Cube (UM2178) available at www.st.com.
- Ready to run firmware example using WiFi® and Ethernet connectivity to support quick evaluation and development of AWS IoT cloud applications
- Interface to configure the board to connect to the Amazon web services (AWS) IoT
- WiFi® connection
- AWS IoT connection, subscribe and publish
- Specific features on the B-L475E-IOT01 board:
- Measurement of humidity, temperature, 3-axis magnetic data, 3D acceleration, 3D gyroscope data, atmospheric pressure and time-of-flight
- AWS key protection with firewall
- Remote firmware update