The X-CUBE-SPI-EMUL embedded software provides an emulated simplex or full-duplex SPI in the master and slave modes.
The SPI emulator is needed in applications that require more SPIs.
The X-CUBE-SPI-EMUL embedded software also offers two examples of communication between a hardware and a software SPI.
For more details refer to the application note AN4678.
- Simplex/full-duplex, synchronous, serial communication
- Master and slave operations
- SPI clock up to 6 MHz in full-duplex mode with CPU operating at 168 MHz
- Programmable data word length: 8 and 16 bits
- Programmable clock polarity and phase
- Programmable data order with MSB-first or LSB-first shifting
- Flexible GPIO usage: all GPIOs can be configured as SPI MOSI/MISO
- Status flags/interrupt