The ST integrated tunable capacitor, offers excellent RF performance, low power consumption and high linearity required in adaptive RF tuning applications. The fundamental building block of PTIC is a tunable material called Parascan, which is a version of barium strontium titanate (BST) developed by Paratek microwave.
BST capacitances are tunable capacitances intended for use in mobile phone application, and dedicated to RF tunable applications. These tunable capacitances are controlled through a bias voltage ranging from 2 to 20 V. The use of BST tunable capacitance in mobile phones enables significant improvement in terms of radiated performances making the performance almost insensitive to the external environment.
- High power capability (+36 dBm)
- High tuning range (3.5/1)
- High quality factor (Q)
- High linearity device
- Low leakage current
- Capacitor bias is DC blocked
- Frequency of operation from DC to 3 GHz
- 8 values available: 1.2 pF, 2.7 pF, 3.3 pF, 3.9 pF, 4.7 pF, 5.6 pF, 6.8 pF and 8.2 pF
- Analog control voltage
- Compatible with high voltage control IC (STHVDAC series)
- Available in plastic molded package:
- μQFN package 1.2 x 1.6 x 0.9 mm
- Flip Chip 0.65 x 1.0 x 0.3 mm
- Flip Chip 0.65 x 1.2 x 0.3 mm
- ECOPACK® 2 compliant component
- RF tunable passive implementation in mobile phones to optimize antenna radiated performances.