This board provides you an easy way to connect STMicroelectronics® VIPower® M0-7 technology into your existing system.
It comes pre-assembled with high-side driver. On board minimum set of electrical components (as for device datasheet recommendation) is enabling the user to directly connect the load, the power supply and the microcontroller without any additional effort in external component design and connection.
The is a single channel high-side driver manufactured using ST proprietary VIPower technology and housed in SO-8 package. The device is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface and to provide protection and diagnostics.
The device integrates also advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown.
A dedicated high precision proportional load current sense is available, in addition to the detection of overload and short circuit to ground, short to VCC and OFF-state open-load.
A sense enable pin allows OFF-state diagnosis to be disabled during the module low-power mode as well as external sense resistor sharing among similar devices.
- Simple single IC application board dedicated for VN7050AS
- Provides electrical connectivity and thermal heat-sinking for easy prototyping
- General device features
- Single channel smart high side driver with analog feedback
- Very low standby current
- Compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs
- Diagnostic functions
- Dedicated high precision proportional load current sense
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- OFF-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCC detection
- Sense enable/disable
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Reverse battery with external components
- Electrostatic discharge protection