This board provides you an easy way to connect STMicroelectronics® VIPower® M0-7 technology into your existing system.
The board comes pre-assembled with VND7140AJ high-side driver. On board minimum set of electrical components (as for device datasheet recommendation) is enabling the user to directly connect the load, the power supply and the microcontroller without any additional effort in external component design and connection.
The VND7140AJ is a double channel high-side driver manufactured using ST proprietary VIPower technology and housed in PowerSSO-16 package. The device is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface and to provide protection and diagnostics.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown with configurable latch-off.
A FaultRST pin unlatches the output in case of fault or disables the latch-off functionality.
A dedicated multifunction multiplexed analog output pin delivers sophisticated diagnostic functions including high precision proportional load current sense, supply voltage feedback and chip temperature sense, in addition to the detection of overload and short circuit to ground, short to VCC and OFF-state open-load. A sense enable pin allows OFF-state diagnosis to be disabled during the module low-power mode as well as external sense resistor sharing among similar devices.
- Simple single IC application board dedicated for VND7140AJ
- Provides electrical connectivity and thermal heat-sinking for easy prototyping
- General device features
- Double channel smart high-side driver with MultiSense analog feedback
- Very low standby current
- Compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs
- Diagnostic functions
- Multiplexed analog feedback of: load current with high precision proportional current mirror, VCC supply voltage and TCHIP device temperature
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- OFF-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCC detection
- Sense enable/disable
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Configurable latch-off on overtemperature or power limitation with dedicated fault reset pin
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Reverse battery with external components
- Electrostatic discharge protection