The STM32 Nucleo pack is designed for USB Type-C™ and Power Delivery specifications. Used with the embedded X-CUBE-USB-PD certified software, the P-NUCLEO-USB002 represents a development tool enabling fast prototyping of USB PD applications leveraging ready-to-use ST componentry and software.
The P-NUCLEO-USB002 kit is designed to exploit the performance of the STM32F072 32-bit microcontroller based on ARM® Cortex®-M0 and two STUSB1602 USB Type-C™ port controllers, for developing applications that manage up to two USB Type-C™ ports.
The STUSB1602 is a Type-C™ controller designed with 20-V technology that integrates a fully-featured USB type-C state machine and a USB PD PHY + BMC driver. This analog front end features: Type-C™ attach and cable orientation detection; Source / Sink / DRP power role configuration; Integrated VCONN power switch; Integrated VBUS & VCONN discharge path; High voltage protection (including CC pins); VBUS switch gate drivers.
The P-NUCLEO-USB002 is fully configurable and ready to support different power roles like provider, consumer or DRP.
The X-CUBE-USB-PD is compliant with the USB Type-C™ 1.2 and USB Power Delivery 2.0 specifications.
- 32-bit ARM® Cortex® -M0-based microcontroller STM32F072RB with 128 kB Flash and 16 kB SRAM
- Dual ports solution based on Certified USB Type-C™ port controller STUSB1602, featuring:
- Type-C FSM with attach/detach and cable orientation detection
- USB PD PHY and BMC transceiver
- High voltage (20 V) technology
- VBUS voltage monitoring
- 600 mA VCONN power switch
- VBUS & VCONN discharge paths
- Dead-battery support
- 22 V CC lines protection
- VBUS switch gate drivers
- Power connector to interface with external power supply (not included)
- USB 2.0 full speed data communication interface
- RoHS compliant