The STEVAL-ILD003V1 demonstration board is designed to propose a low-cost analog dimmer topology using a sensitive SCR TS820-600FP. The dimmer can drive typical low-consumption lamps, particularly CFL and LED dimmable lamps.
Through-hole technology is used for the most important components such as LC filter, gate resistor, turn-on delay capacitor, etc., in order to allow board modification, if needed.
The STEVAL-ILD003V1 eliminates flickering thanks to its continuous current applied through the sensitive SCR gate. This dimmer could easily replace a standard low-cost analog Triac light dimmer using a Diac-controlled circuit.
- Operation for 2-wire wall dimmer
- Leading-edge control (compatible with all lamps commonly found on the market)
- Operation on 230 V line rms voltage (198 to 264 V) and 50 Hz or 60 Hz line frequency
- Dimmable power range with halogen, CFL and LED lamps (without heatsinks mounted on SCRs1):
- 3 to 350 W for 230 V rms line
- Maximum operating ambient temperature: 60 °C
- Power efficiency @ 350 W / 230 V > 99%
- Standby losses @ 230 V < 0.5 W (could be reduced to 0 if potentiometer features a mechanical switch to open the circuit at minimum setting)
- RoHS compliant
- Compliance with EMC standards
- IEC 61000-4-4: criteria A for more than 2 kV
- Compliant with EN55015 with 350 W / 230 V halogen lamp