The STEVAL-ILL046V2 evaluation board is based on the ST1CC40, which is an 850 kHz fixed switching frequency monolithic step-down DC-DC converter designed to operate as a precise constant current source with an adjustable current capability of up to 3 A DC.
In closed loop operation, the ST1CC40 feedback pin voltage is 100 mV, thus the sensing resistor calculation is expressed as Rs = 100 mV/ILED.
The STEVAL-ILL046V2 is provided with 660 mA by connecting a 150 mW sensing resistor to the feedback pin.
The overall application size is minimized, thanks to the high switching frequency and ceramic output capacitor compatibility.
The STEVAL-ILL046V2 evaluation board is fully protected against overheating, overcurrent and output short-circuit.
The inhibit mode minimizes the current consumption in standby (6 µA) to maximize battery life in portable devices.
- 3 to 18 V operating input voltage range
- 850 kHz fixed switching frequency
- 100 mV (typ) current sense voltage drop
- 6 µA standby current in inhibit mode
- ±7% output current accuracy
- Synchronous rectification
- Embedded compensation network
- Internal current limiting
- Ceramic output capacitor compliant
- Thermal shutdown
- RoHS compliant