The STEVAL-ILL052V1 demonstration board implements a 130 W LED power supply for street lighting.
The circuit is composed of two stages: a front-end PFC using the L6562AT and an LLC resonant converter based on the L6599AT.
What distinguishes this design is its very high efficiency, extended European input mains range (177-277 VAC) operation, and long-term reliability.
Because reliability MTBF (mean time between failures) in power supplies is typically affected by the high failure rate of electrolytic capacitors, unless using very high-end, expensive types, the STEVAL-ILL052V1 demonstration board offers an innovative design approach using film capacitors from EPCOS in place of electrolytic capacitors.
Thanks to the high efficiency achieved, no heatsinks are required.
The STEVAL-ILL052V1 demonstration board also provides protection against overload or short-circuit, open-loop by each stage, or input overvoltage, with auto-restart.
- Extended European input mains range: 177 to 277 VAC - frequency 45 to 55 Hz
- Output voltage: 48 V at 2.7 A
- Long-life electrolytic capacitors not used
- Mains harmonics: in accordance with EN61000-3-2 Class C
- Efficiency at full load: greater than 90%
- EMI: in accordance with EN55022 Class B
- Safety: double insulation, in accordance with EN60950, SELV
- Dimensions: 75 x 135 mm, 30 mm maximum component height
- No heatsinks needed
- PCB: single side, 35 μm, FR-4, mixed PTH/SMT
- RoHS compliant