The STEVAL-IHM041V1 demonstration board is a Triac-based phase angle control for universal motor speed control using an STM8S103F3P6, 8-bit microcontroller, to set the conduction angle of the Triac.
The STEVAL-IHM041V1 demonstration board may be operated in either open loop mode or in closed loop speed control mode, with an AC tach, Hall sensor or opto-sensor feedback.
The open loop mode may also be used as a lamp dimmer.
The STEVAL-IHM041V1 demonstration board is designed to operate from a 120 V/60 Hz mains, but may be easily modified to operate on other mains voltages by changing components in the power supply and motor voltage sensing circuits. Suggested component values for 230 V/50 Hz mains voltages are shown in the relevant bill of materials.
- Input voltage 120 V/60 Hz
- Motor current: 7 A RMS
- Phase control for universal motor drive
- Open loop or closed loop speed regulation
- Voltage and current sensing, for sensorless operation (optional)
- Debug outputs
- AC tach, Hall sensor or opto-sensor for speed feedback
- RoHS compliant