The purpose of this design is to demonstrate the features of the VN751PT high-side driver.
The application offers robustness and complies with EMC industrial standards.
It implements short-circuit/overload protection and thermal management as well, achieving best in class MTBF values.
The reference design is suitable for use in programmable logic controllers (PLCs) as well as to drive generic loads which require up to 2.5 A of nominal current (the typical current limitation is 4.5 - 5 A).
Thanks to the very low RDSon (only 60 mO Typ. @ 25 °C) the device allows very low power consumption during the operation and for this reason it represent an ideal solution for IP65 / IP67 requirements. The device is compliant with IEC 61131-2 (programmable controllers international standard).
- RoHS compliant
- Transil addition between TRIAC A2-G terminals
- Overvoltage protection is not implemented on the board but some solder pads are available to implement it in two different ways:
- Free development area with hole matrix available for application breadboard adaptation
- 3 independent application programsHand dryer with infrared sensor and T1235H-6T switchBathroom fan with humidity sensor and ACS108 switchMulti-entrance room controller with push button and BTB08-600SW switch
- Capacitive power supply (680 nF capacitor EPCOS B32923C36845 V ±10%Average output current: 16 mAStandby power losses < 0.3 W @ 230 V
- Two potentiometers for setting sensor sensitivity and TRIAC turn-off delay
- ICC connector for software adjustment
- Varistor addition between mains voltage
- Program selector (U2)