The STEVAL-ISA071V2 demonstration board is a non-insulated SMPS capable of delivering a 4 W output over a wide input voltage range and is designed for a mains application requiring -5 V and +7 V, referred to neutral.
The basic concepts used in this design can also be applied for higher power outputs or different voltage ranges.
The SMPS generates outputs of 5 V and 12 V, referred to the output marked -5 V. The 5 V output is dedicated to supplying an MCU. This configuration allows the use of the MCU to directly drive a Triac (referred to neutral).
The 12 V output is used to supply additional circuits (relays, OA, etc.).
- VIN : 85 - 264 Vrms
- f: 45 - 66 Hz
- 12 VDC ± 10% (referred to -5 V), 160 mA
- -5 VDC ± 4%, 400 mA
- Maximum output power: 4 W (range is up to 6 W for EU)
- Standby power: 35 mW at 230 VAC
- Short-circuit protected
- Insulation: non-insulated; N connected to output GND
- EMI: in accordance with EN55022 class B
- RoHS compliant