The STEVAL-ISB038V1 is a wireless battery charger reference design evaluation kit designed for ultra-compact battery operated devices, such as wearable gear, smartwatches, Internet of Things sensors and healthcare devices.
The design is optimized for 1-watt wireless power transfer with a half-bridge topology on the transmitter side and with tiny 11 mm and 20 mm coils on the receiver and transmitter sides, respectively. For power transfers up to 3 watts, the design can be modified by using larger coils and a full-bridge configuration on the transmitter.
The STWBC-WA transmitter can support a cost-effective half-bridge topology (full-bridge optional) and a powerful software API lets you modify the behavior of LED and general purpose IOs as well as connecting external peripherals or devices like sensors to the design via the on-chip I²C and UART ports.
The STWLC04 is designed for 1-watt power transfer based on the Qi protocol, with digital control and precise analog control loops ensuring stable operation. The I²C interface allows a high degree of customization and settings can be stored in the embedded non-volatile memory.
- Wearable KIT characteristics:
- 11 mm coil on Receiver
- 20 mm coil on Transmitter
- 1 Watt delivered on Receiver side
- USB 5 V input
- Foreign Object Detection (FOD) optional
- Graphical interface for monitoring behavior
- Total reference design
- RoHS compliant
- STWBC-WA Wireless power transmitter:
- Cost effective Half Bridge topology with integrated drivers
- Optional Full Bridge configuration for 3 W applications
- Active presence detector
- 2-layer PCB to facilitate design
- Turnkey solution or customizable via APIs
- Parametric customization via Graphical interface
- STWLC04 wireless power receiver:
- Output voltage: 5 V regulated voltage
- Integrated high efficiency synchronous rectifier
- Li-Ion/Li-Pol charger functionality
- 4-layer PCB to facilitate design