The ULN2001, ULN2002, ULN2003 and ULN2004 are high voltage, high current Darlington arrays each containing seven open collector Darlington pairs with common emitters. Each channel rated at 500 mA and can withstand peak currents of 600 mA. Suppression diodes are included for inductive load driving and the inputs are pinned opposite the outputs to simplify board layout.
The versions interface to all common logic families: ULN2001 (general purpose, DTL, TTL, PMOS, CMOS); ULN2002 (14 - 25 V PMOS); ULN2003 (5 V TTL, CMOS); ULN2004 (6 - 15 V CMOS, PMOS).
These versatile devices are useful for driving a wide range of loads including solenoids, relays DC motors, LED displays filament lamps, thermal printheads and high power buffers.
The ULN2001A/2002A/2003A and 2004A are supplied in 16 pin plastic DIP packages with a copper leadframe to reduce thermal resistance. They are available also in small outline package (SO-16) as ULN2001D1/2002D1/2003D1/ 2004D1.
- Seven Darlingtons per package
- Output current 500 mA per driver (600 mA peak)
- Output voltage 50 V
- Integrated suppression diodes for inductive loads
- Outputs can be paralleled for higher current
- TTL/CMOS/PMOS/DTL compatible inputs
- Inputs pinned opposite outputs to simplify layout