The STUSB1600 is a generic IC designed in 20 V technology, addressing USB Type-C™ port management both on host and/or device sides and is suited for a broad range of applications. It is fully compatible with the USB Type-C cable and connector specifications (rev 1.1)
The STUSB1600 is able to handle all functions from Type-C attach detection, plug orientation detection, host-to-device connection, VCONN support, VBUS configuration and so on.
Additionally, the STUSB1600 provides support for dead-battery operation and is fully customizable (thanks to an integrated non-volatile memory).
- Power role: provider, consumer, dual role
- Configurable startup profiles
- Adjustable current limit (600 mA max)
- OVP, OCP, UVP protections
- Direct interface to MCU through I²C + interrupt
- Integrated voltage monitoring
- Dead-battery support
- Dual power supply: VBUS or system VDD
- Nominal operating supply [4.6 V - 22 V]
- Temperature range: -40 °C up to 85 °C