The STUSB1600 is a generic IC designed in a 20 V technology. It addresses USB Type-C™ port management both on the host and/or device side, and is suited for a broad range of applications. It is fully compliant with the USB Type-C cable and connector specifications (Rel. 1.2).
The STUSB1600 can handle all functions from Type-C attach detection, plug orientation detection, host to device connection, VCONN support, and VBUS configuration.
Additionally, the STUSB1600 provides support for dead battery operation and is fully customizable (thanks to an integrated non-volatile memory).
- Type-C attach and cable orientation detection
- Power role support: source/sink/DRP
- Configurable start-up profiles
- Integrated power switch for VCONN
- programmable current limit up to 600 mA
- overcurrent, overvoltage, and thermal protection
- undervoltage lockout
- I2 C interface and interrupt (optional connection to MCU)
- Integrated VBUS voltage monitoring
- Integrated VBUS and VCONN discharge path
- Low power standby mode
- Dead battery mode support
- High voltage protection
- Accessory mode support
- Dual power supply:
- VSYS = [3.0 V; 5.5 V]
- VDD = [4.1 V; 22 V]
- Temperature range: -40 °C up to 105 °C