ARMcore with embedded Flash & RAM
STR73xF family combines the high performance ARM7TDMI™ CPU with an extensive range of peripheral functions and enhanced I/O capabilities. All devices have on-chip high-speed single voltage Flash memory and high-speed RAM. The STR73xF family has anembedded ARM core and is therefore compatible with all ARM tools and software.
Extensive tools support
STMicroelectronics’ 32-bit, ARM core-based microcontrollers are supported by a complete range of high-end and low-cost development tools to meet the needs of application developers. This extensive line of hardware/software tools includes starter kits and complete development packages all tailored for ST’s ARM core-based MCUs.
The range of development packages includes third-party solutions that come complete with a graphical development environment and an in-circuit emulator/programmer featuring a JTAG application interface. These support a range of embedded operating systems (OS), while several royalty-free OSs are also available.
For more information, please refer to ST MCU site http://www.st.com/mcu
Figure 1 shows the general block diagram of the device family.
- Development tools support\t\tJTAG interface\t\t
- 10-bit A/D converter\t\t12/16 channels\t\tConversion time: min. 3μs, range: 0 to 5V\t\t
- Timers\t\t16-bit watchdog timer (WDG)\t\t6/10 16-bit timers (TIM) each with: 2 input captures, 2 output compares, PWM and pulse counter modes\t\t6 16-bit PWM modules (PWM)\t\t3 16-bit timebase timers with 8-bit prescalers\t\t
- DMA\t\t4 DMA controllers with 4 channels each\t\t
- Core\t\tARM7TDMI 32-bit RISC CPU\t\t32 MIPS @ 36 MHz\t\t
- Clock, reset and supply management\t\t4.5 - 5.5V application supply and I/Os\t\tEmbedded 1.8V regulator for core supply\t\tEmbedded oscillator running from external 4-8MHz crystal or ceramic resonator\t\tUp to 36 MHz CPU frequency with internal PLL\t\t32 kHz or 2 MHz internal RC oscillator, software configurable for fast startup and backup clock Real-time clock for clock-calendar function\t\tWake-up timer driven by internal RC for wake-up from STOP mode\t\t5 power saving modes: SLOW, WFI, LPWFI, STOP and HALT modes\t\t
- Memories\t\tUp to 256 Kbytes Flash program memory (10,000 cycles endurance, data retention 20 years @ 85˚ C)\t\t16 Kbytes RAM\t\t
- Up to 112 I/O ports\t\t72/112 multifunctional bidirectional I/Os\t\t
- 12 communications interfaces\t\t2 I2 C interfaces4 UART asynchronous serial interfaces\t\t3 BSPI synchronous serial interfaces\t\tUp to 3 CAN interfaces (2.0B Active)\t\t
- Nested interrupt controller\t\tFast interrupt handling with multiple vectors\t\t64 maskable IRQs with 64 vectors and 16 priority levels\t\t2 maskable FIQ sources\t\t16 external interrupts, up to 32 wake-up lines\t\t