SPIMD20 is an integrated motor drive with real time connectivity enabling brushless motor manufacturers to create a proprietary motion control system based on a general purpose brick.
This Shuttle version of the IMD is suitable for direct integration to the permanent magnet synchronous motor (i.e. 6 Nm torque) thanks to the reduced dimensions 165x60x26 mm. The Shuttle Drive™ is designed to operate on a motor with a surface temperature up to 100 °C. The IMD performs all motor driving required functions including speed, position and current loop execution, plus connectivity. Connection to the master is performed via real time ethernet fieldbus, including but not limited to EtherCAT® as per IEC61158. However, the IMD is an open and flexible platform to execute any other communication standard with the aboard FPGA (Altera Cyclone III type) and the two microprocessors STM32F103 series. A basic software package is available with SPIMD20. This software package includes PWM driving, current loop and speed loop execution; all the above being synchronized to the fieldbus.
- Advanced brushless motor control in a single module easy to piggyback to the motor
- Extremely compact dimensions: 165x60x26 mm, <0.5 kg weight
- Up to 2 kW power with 800 Vdc supply, on 100°C motor surface, can withstand peak of current up to 40 A
- Can operate on a motor surface temperature up to 100°C
- Integrated drive with real time connectivity via Ethernet-based fieldbus (i.e. EtherCAT®) and CANopen® DS402
- Safe torque off to disable IGBT drivers via hardware
- CAN bus hand-shaking channel
- RS232 interface for programming
- 2 Mb Flash memory aboard; also support removable Flash memory card.
- Supports position feedback both with resolver or digital encoder EnDat 2.2
- Motor current sensing with shunt sensors (2 phases)
- Vibration analysis and thermal sensing
- IP65 compliant
- Safe architecture to apply to most popular safety standards IEC61800-5-1
- EMI: IEC61800 - 3 / A11 and UL508C
- Up to 800 VDC supply, auxiliary supply 18-48 VDC
- RoHS compliant