The L6562A is a current-mode PFC controller operating in Transition Mode (TM). Coming with the same pin-out as its predecessors L6561 and L6562, it offers improved performance.
The highly linear multiplier includes a special circuit, able to reduce AC input current distortion, that allows wide-range-mains operation with an extremely low THD, even over a large load range.
The output voltage is controlled by means of a voltage-mode error amplifier and an accurate (1% @TJ = 25°C) internal voltage reference.
The device features extremely low consumption (60µA max. before start-up and <5 mA operating) and includes a disable function suitable for IC remote ON/OFF, which makes it easier to comply with energy saving requirements (Blue Angel, EnergyStar, Energy2000, etc.).
An effective two-step OVP enables to safely handle overvoltages either occurring at start-up or resulting from load disconnection.
The totem-pole output stage, capable of 600 mA source and 800 mA sink current, is suitable to drive high current MOSFETs or IGBTs. This, combined with the other features and the possibility to operate with the proprietary Fixed-Off-Time control, makes the device an excellent low-cost solution for EN61000-3-2 compliant SMPS in excess of 350W.
- 1% (@ TJ = 25°C) internal reference voltage
- Disable function on E/A input
- DIP-8/SO-8 packages
- Proprietary multiplier design for minimum THD
- Ultra-low (30µA) Start-up current
- Very accurate adjustable output overvoltage protection
- Digital leading-edge blanking on current sense
- -600/+800mA totem pole gate driver with active pull-down during UVLO and voltage clamp
- Low (2.5mA) quiescent current