The L296 and L296P are stepdown power switching regulators delivering 4 A at a voltage variable from 5.1 V to 40 V.
Features of the devices include soft start, remote inhibit, thermal protection, a reset output for microprocessors and a PWM comparator input for synchronization in multichip configurations.
The L296P incudes external programmable limiting current.
The L296 and L296P are mounted in a 15-lead Multiwatt® plastic power package and requires very few external components.
Efficient operation at switching frequencies up to 200 KHz allows a reduction in the size and cost of external filter components. A voltage sense input and SCR drive output are provided for optional crowbar overvoltage protection with an external SCR.
- EXTERNAL PROGRAMMABLE LIMITING CURRENT (L296P)
- RESET OUTPUT
- INPUT FOR REMOTE INHIBIT AND SYNCHRONUS PWM
- CONTROL CIRCUIT FOR CROWBAR SCR
- THERMAL SHUTDOWN
- VERY FEW EXTERNAL COMPONENTS
- VERY HIGH EFFICIENCY (UP TO 90 %)
- 4 A OUTPUT CURRENT
- 0 TO 100 % DUTY CYCLE RANGE
- 5.1 V TO 40 V OUTPUT VOLTAGE RANGE
- SWITCHING FREQUENCY UP TO 200 KHz
- SOFT START
- PRECISE (±2 %) ON-CHIP REFERENCE