The device is a high voltage half bridge driver with built in oscillator. The frequency of the oscillator can be programmed using external resistor and capacitor. The internal circuitry of the device allows it to be driven also by external logic signal.
The output drivers are designed to drive external n-channel power MOSFET and IGBT. The internal logic assures a dead time [typ. 1.25ms] to avoid crossconduction of the power devices.
Two version are available: L6569 and L6569A. They differ in the low voltage gate driver start up sequence.
- dV/dt IMMUNITY UP TO ±50V/ns
- DEAD TIME 1.25µs
- ESD PROTECTION
- UNDER VOLTAGE LOCKOUT WITH HYSTERESIS
- VERY LOW START UP CURRENT: 150mA
- HIGH VOLTAGE RAIL UP TO 600V
- INTERNAL BOOTSTRAP DIODE STRUCTURE
- BCD OFF LINE TECHNOLOGY
- DRIVER CURRENT CAPABILITY:SINK CURRENT = 270mASOURCE CURRENT = 170mA
- PROGRAMMABLE OSCILLATOR FREQUENCY
- 15.6V ZENER CLAMP ON VS