The KF series are very low drop regulators available in SO-8 and DPAK packages and in a wide range of output voltages.
The very low dropout voltage (0.4 V) and the very low quiescent current make them particularly suitable for low noise, low power applications and especially in battery powered systems.
A shutdown logic control function is available (pin 5, TTL compatible). This means that when the device is used as a local regulator, it is possible to put a part of the board in standby, decreasing the total power consumption. It requires only a 2.2 μF capacitor for stability allowing space and cost saving.
- Very low dropout voltage (0.4 V)
- Very low quiescent current (typ. 50 μA in OFF mode, 500 μA in ON mode)
- Output current up to 500 mA
- Logic-controlled electronic shutdown
- Output voltages of 2.5; 3.3; 5; 8 V
- Internal current and thermal limit
- Only 2.2 μF for stability
- Available in ± 2 % accuracy at 25 °C
- Supply voltage rejection: 70 db (typ.)
- Temperature range: - 40 to 125 °C