The STBP120 device provides overvoltage protection for input voltage up to +28 V. Its low RDS(on) N-channel MOSFET switch protects the systems connected to the OUT pin against failures of the DC power supplies in accordance with the China MII Communications Standard YD/T 1591-2006.
In the event of an input overvoltage condition, the device immediately disconnects the DC power supply by turning off an internal low RDS(on) N-channel MOSFET to prevent damage to protected systems.
In addition, the device also monitors its own junction temperature and switches off the internal MOSFET if the junction temperature exceeds the specified limit.
The device can be controlled by the microcontroller and can also provide status information about fault conditions.
The STBP120 is offered in a small, RoHS-compliant TDFN 10-lead (2.5 mm x 2 mm) package.
- Certain overvoltage options compliant with the China Communications Standard YD/T 1591- 2006 (overvoltage protection only)
- IN input ESD withstand voltage up to ±15 kV (air discharge), up to ±8 kV (contact discharge) in typical application circuit with 1 μF input capacitor (±2 kV HBM for standalone device)
- Small, RoHS compliant 2.5 x 2 mm TDFN 10-lead package.
- Enable input (EN)
- Softstart feature to control the inrush current
- Input overvoltage protection up to 28 V
- Low RDS(on) of 90 mΩ
- Integrated high voltage N-channel MOSFET switch
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Fault indication output (FLT)
- Integrated charge pump