The ST33F1M is a serial access microcontroller designed for secure mobile applications that incorporates the most recent generation of ARM® processors for embedded secure systems. Its SecurCore® SC300™ 32-bit RISC core is built on the Cortex™ M3 core with additional security features to help to protect against advanced forms of attacks.
Cadenced at 22.5 MHz, the SC300™ core brings great performance and excellent code density thanks to the Thumb®-2 instruction set.
The high-speed embedded Flash with up to 1280 Kbytes of memory introduces more flexibility to the system.
The ST33F1M also offers a serial communication interface fully compatible with the ISO/IEC 7816-3 standard (T=0, T=1) and a single-wire protocol (SWP) interface for communication with a near field communication (NFC) router in SIM/NFC applications.
An SPI Slave interface is also available for communication in non-SIM applications. Note that this interface is not available when ISO/IEC 7816 communications are required.
Three general purpose 16-bit timers are available; one configurable as a watchdog.
The ST33F1M features hardware accelerators for advanced cryptographic functions. The EDES peripheral provides a secure DES (Data Encryption Standard) algorithm implementation, while the NESCRYPT crypto-processor efficiently supports the public key algorithm.
The ST33F family operates in the –25 to +85°C temperature range and 1.8V, 3V and 5V supply voltage ranges. A comprehensive range of power-saving modes enables the design of efficient low-power applications.
In order to meet environmental requirements, ST offers these devices in different grades of ECOPACK® packages, depending on their level of environmental compliance. ECOPACK® specifications, grade definitions and product status are available at: www.st.com.
ECOPACK® is an ST trademark.
- ST33F1M major applications include:
- Mobile communications (GSM, 3G and CDMA)
- Java Card™ applications
- NFC applications (Banking, Transportation, etc.)
- Optional MIFARE Classic & DESFire® EV1
- Secure Element (UICC or embedded)
- Hardware features
- ARM® SecurCore® SC300™ 32-bit RISC core
- Up to 30 Kbytes of User RAM
- Up to 1280 Kbytes of User Flash memory with OTP area
- Asynchronous receiver transmitter supporting ISO/IEC 7816-3 T=0 and T=1 protocols (Slave mode supported)
- Single Wire Protocol (SWP) Interface for communications with NFC router
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI) slave interface
- Three 16-bit timers with interrupt capability including one 16-bit timer with watchdog capability
- 1.8 V, 3 V and 5 V supply voltage ranges
- External clock frequency from 1 up to 10 MHz
- Current consumption compatible with GSM and ETSI specifications
- High performance provided by:
- CPU clock frequency up to 22.5 MHz
- External clock multiplier (2x, 3x, and 4x)
- Power-saving standby state
- Contact assignment compatible with ISO/IEC 7816-2
- ESD protection greater than 4 kV (HBM)
- Software features
- Secure Flash Loader
- Flash drivers
- Security features
- Active shield
- Memory protection unit (MPU)
- Monitoring of environmental parameters
- Protection against faults
- ISO 3309 CRC calculation block
- True random number generator
- Unique serial number on each die
- Hardware security-enhanced DES accelerator
- NESCRYPT coprocessor for public key cryptography algorithms (RSA, ECC, etc.)
- Code/data signature
- Development environment
- Software development and firmware generation are supported by a comprehensive set of development tools dedicated to software design and validation: C compiler, simulator and emulator.