The STW81200 is a dual architecture frequency synthesizer (Fractional-N and Integer-N), that features three low phase-noise VCOs with a fundamental frequency range of 3.0 GHz to 6.0 GHz and a programmable dual RF output divider stage which allows coverage from 46.875 MHz to 6 GHz.
The STW81200 optimizes size and cost of the final application thanks to the integration of low- noise LDO voltage regulators and internally-matched broadband RF outputs.
The STW81200 is compatible with a wide range of supply voltages (from 3.0 V to 5.4 V) providing to the end user a very high level of flexibility which trades off excellent performance with power dissipation requirements. A low-power functional mode (software controlled) gives an extra power saving.
Additional features include crystal oscillator core, external VCO mode and output-mute function.
- Output frequency range: 46.875 to 6000 MHz
- Very Low Noise
- Normalized in band phase noise floor: -227 dBc/Hz
- VCO phase noise: -135 dBc/Hz @ 1 MHz offset, 4.0 GHz carrier
- Noise floor: -160 dBc/Hz
- Dual architecture frequency synthesizer: Fractional-N and Integer-N
- Integrated VCOs with automatic center frequency calibration
- Programmable RF output dividers by 1/2/4/8/16/32/64
- Dual RF Output broadband matched with programmable power level and mute function
- External VCO option with 5 V charge pump
- Integrated low noise LDO voltage regulators
- Maximum phase detector frequency: 100 MHz
- Exact frequency mode
- Fast lock and cycle slip reduction
- Differential reference clock input (LVDS and LVECPL compliant) supporting up to 800 MHz
- 13-bit programmable reference frequency divider
- Programmable charge pump current
- Digital lock detector
- Integrated reference crystal oscillator core
- R/W SPI interface
- Logic compatibility/tolerance 1.8 V/3.3 V
- Low Power Functional mode
- Supply Voltage: 3.0 V to 5.4 V
- Small size exposed pad VFQFPN36 package 6 x 6 x 1.0 mm
- Process: BICMOS 0.25 μm SiGe