The TS4962M is a differential Class-D BTL power amplifier. It is able to drive up to 2.3W into a 4Ω load and 1.4W into a 8Ω load at 5V. It achieves outstanding efficiency (88%typ.) compared to classical Class-AB audio amps.
The gain of the device can be controlled via two external gain-setting resistors. Pop & click reduction circuitry provides low on/off switch noise while allowing the device to start within 5ms. A standby function (active low) allows the reduction of current consumption to 10nA typ.
- PSRR: 63dB typ. @217Hz with 6dB gain
- Signal to noise ratio: 85dB typ.
- Low pop & click noise
- PWM base frequency: 250kHz
- Available in flip-chip 9 x 300μm (Pb-free)
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Low current consumption 2mA @ 3V
- Adjustable gain via external resistors
- Operating from VCC = 2.4V to 5.5V
- Output power: 3W into 4Ω and 1.75W into 8Ω with 10% THD+N max and 5V power supply.
- Standby mode active low
- Output power: 1.4W @5V or 0.45W @ 3.0V into 8Ω with 1% THD+N max.
- Efficiency: 88% typ.
- Output power: 2.3W @5V or 0.75W @ 3.0V into 4Ω with 1% THD+N max.