The STPA001 is a breakthrough MOSFET technology class AB audio power amplifier designed for high power car radio. The fully complementary P-Channel/N-Channel output structure allows a rail to rail output voltage swing which, combined with high output current and minimized saturation losses sets new power references in the car-radio field, with unparalleled distortion performances.
The STPA001 can operate down to 6V and this makes the IC compliant to the most recent OEM specifications for low voltage operation (so called 'start-stop' battery profile during engine stop), helping car manufacturers to reduce the overall emissions and thus contributing to environment protection.
- Multipower BCD technology
- High output power capability:
- 4 x 50 W/4 Ω Max.
- 4 x 28 W/4 Ω @ 14.4 V, 1 kHz, 10 %
- 4 x 72 W/2 Ω Max.
- MOSFET output power stage
- 2 Ω driving capability
- Hi-Fi class distortion
- Low output noise
- High immunity to RF noise injection
- Standby function
- Mute function
- Automute at min. supply voltage detection
- Low external component count
- Internally fixed gain (26 dB)
- Output short circuit to GND, to Vs, across the load
- Very inductive loads
- Overrating chip temperature with soft thermal limiter
- Output DC offset detection
- Load dump
- Fortuitous open GND
- Reversed battery
- Capable to operate down to 6 V (e.g. “Startstop”)