The new STiH416 SoC combines the best of STMicroelectronics’ leading set-top box system expertise and silicon process capability with ARM’s exemplary core architecture.
The STiH416 SoC provides high security and system integration, functionalities tailored to both the broadcast and broadband ecosystems, accessibility for open platform software applications, eye-popping performance and unequalled power efficiency.
This combination of incredible performance, a future-proof architecture, and rich software ecosystems allow operators to offer a rich variety of innovative and value-added services to their subscribers.
- ARM Cortex-A9, dual core CPU, SMP NEON SIMD engine yielding up to 6000 DMIPS
- ARM Mali-400 quad core GPU yielding up to 1600 Mpixels/s fill rate and supporting up to 1080p60 or 1080p30 stereoscopic 3D graphics
- Dual HD H.264/VC-1/AVS/MPEG2 video decoder or SVC video decode
- MVC video decode for 3DTV: supports up to 1080p60L/60R, 3D video formats
- Dual HD internet video decoding: real video 8/9/10, DivX, Xvid, MP4p2, Adobe® Flash videos
- Single HD internet video decoding: WebM/VP8
- H.264 video encoder up to 1080p60 HD resolution with video preprocessing; deinterlacing, HQ resizing and TNR
- High-quality of image with Faroudja video
- ST proprietary multi-compartmental security IP and DRM processor
- Dual audio DSP: supports Dolby MS11
- Integrated low power processor: < 30 mW passive standby mode