The ST BST capacitance controller STHVDAC-303 is a high voltage digital to analog converter (DAC), specifically designed to control and meet the wide tuning bias voltage requirement of the BST tunable capacitances.
It provides 3 independent high voltage outputs, thus having the capability to control 3 different capacitances in parallel. It is fully controlled through a 3-wire serial interface.
BST capacitances are tunable capacitances intended for use in mobile phone application, and dedicated to RF tunable applications. These tunable capacitances are controlled through a bias voltage ranging from 0 to 30 V. The implementation of BST tunable capacitance in mobile phones enables significant improvement in terms of radiated performance, making the performance almost insensitive to the external environment.
- Dedicated ASIC to control BST tunable capacitances
- Operation compliant with cellular systems requirements
- Integrated boost converter with 3 programmable outputs (from 0 to 30 V)
- Low power consumption
- 3-wire serial interface (30 or 32 bit SPI)
- Available in WLCSP for stand-alone or SiP module integration
- RF tunable passive implementation in mobile phones to optimize the radiated performances