A compact LoRaWAN™ implementation board for evaluation and development purposes
STMicroelectronics B-L072Z-LRWAN1 STM32 LoRa® Discovery kit is a development tool to learn and develop solutions based on LoRa® and FSK/OOK technologies. This tool features an all-in-one open module (by Murata®) as small as 12x13mm and consuming only 1.2uA in stop mode. The module operates in ISM bands ranging from 860 to 950 MHz and is the de facto solution to address LoRa® and any other LPWAN application on the market.
The module is open in that it gives access to the on-board STM32 MCU and its peripherals, which dispenses from the use of an external application processor.
The Discovery kit comes with a certified embedded software (I-CUBE-LRWAN) to provide means of setting up a complete LoRaWAN™ node. The I-CUBE-LRWAN is LoRaWAN class A certified and it sustains the Class C. The Discovery kit features Arduino connectors ready to receive a sensor extension board, an integrated debugger (ST-Link V3), a USB 2.0 FS device port, a battery pack slot (backside), an SMA connector, as well as a 50 ohm antenna.
All-in-one open module features
- Ultra-low-power STM32L0 Series MCU, Cortex® -M0+ based with 192 Kbytes of Flash memory, 20 Kbytes of RAM, 6 Kbytes of EEPROM, crystal-less USB FS 2.0, T-RNG and PCROP
- Embedded 32.768 kHz crystal (connected to the STM32L0) plus an embedded 32 MHz TCXO (connected to the SX1276)
- SX1276 transceivers featuring a LoRa® long-range modem as well as FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK , and OOK modulation
- 168 dB maximum link budget
- +20 dBm, 100 mW constant RF output versus supply voltage
- +14 dBm high-efficiency PA
- Bidirectional end-devices with class A and class C protocol support
- EU 868 MHz ISM band ETSI (European telecommunications standards institute) compliant
- US 915 MHz ISM band FCC (federal communications commission) compliant
- An application included for LoRaWAN™ certification tests