The X-NUCLEO-LPM01A is a 1.8 V to 3.3 V programmable power supply source with advanced power consumption measurement capability.
It performs consumption averaging (static measurement up to 200 mA) as well as real-time analysis (dynamic measurement up to 50 mA with 100 kHz bandwidth).
The X-NUCLEO-LPM01A operates either in standalone mode (using its LCD, joystick and button to display static measurements), or in controlled mode connected to host PC via USB (using the STM32CubeMonitor-Power software tool with its comprehensive graphical user interface).
It can be used to supply and measure the consumption of STM32 Nucleo-32, Nucleo-64 or Nucleo-144 boards, using Arduino connectors. Alternatively, it supplies and measures the consumption of any target connected by wires via the basic connector.
- STM32L496VGT6 microcontroller featuring Arm® Cortex® -M4 core at 80 MHz / 100 DMIPS and three 12-bit ADC at 5 Msps
- Programmable voltage source from 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- Static current measurement from 1 nA to 200 mA
- Dynamic measurements:
- 100 kHz bandwidth, 3.2 Msps sampling rate
- Current from 100 nA to 50 mA
- Power measurement from 180 nW to 165 mW
- Energy measurement computation by power measurement time integration
- Execution of EEMBC ULPMark™ tests
- Mode standalone:
- Monochrome LCD, 2 lines of 16 characters with backlight
- 4-direction joystick with selection button
- Enter and Reset push-buttons
- Mode controlled:
- Connection to a PC through USB FS micro-B receptacle
- Command line (virtual COM port) or
- STM32CubeMonitor-Power PC tool.
- 4 status LEDs
- Target board connectors:
- Arduino™ Uno and Nano connectors
- Basic connector (white): 4 wires
- Flexible input power-supply options:
- USB micro-B (VBUS)
- External power connector (7 V to 10 V)
- Arduino Uno and Nano connectors (pin 5 V)