The STEVAL-CBL011V1 demonstration board implements a DC-DC converter based on ST’s LNBH26 device. It is used to power LNBs in dish antennas to receive satellite TV signals.
The LNBH26 is an integrated solution for supplying/interfacing satellite LNB modules in accordance with international standards.
This single device offers a complete solution for dual-tuner satellite receivers and provides good performance at low cost using a low external component count.
The LNBH26 demonstration board includes an I2C bus interface and a factory-trimmed internal 22 kHz tone generator which can be controlled through the DSQIN pin (TTL compatible). This allows immediate DiSEqC™ data encoding.
Thanks to a fully integrated step-up DC-DC converter, the STEVAL-CBL011V1 demonstration board can operate with a single input voltage supply source, ranging from 8 to 15 V.
- Complete interface between LNB and I2 C bus
- Built-in DC-DC converter for single 12 V supply operation and high efficiency (typ. 93% @ 0.5 A)
- Selectable output current limit by external resistor
- Compliant with main satellite receiver output voltage specification (15 programmable levels)
- Accurate built-in 22 kHz tone generator compliant with widely accepted standards
- 22 kHz tone waveform integrity guaranteed also in no load condition
- Low drop post regulator and high efficiency step-up PWM with integrated power N-MOS for low power loss
- LPM (low power mode) function to reduce dissipation
- Overload and overtemperature internal protection with I2 C diagnostic bits
- LNB short-circuit dynamic protection
- RoHS compliant