The STEVAL-ILL066V1 evaluation board is a complete and configurable solution that efficiently controls a single dimmable high brightness LED string using the STLUX385A digital controller.
The LED efficiency is high during all stages of dimming and the STEVAL-ILL066V1 can achieve a 92% efficiency during full load while maintaining a low < 200 mW power consumption during idle periods.
The STLUX385A device handles a primary side regulated power conversion stage as well as all the supported communication links.
The power conversion stage consists of a PFC regulator followed by a “Zero Voltage Switching” (ZVS) LC resonant stage. The high precision dimming is adjusted using a primary side regulation (PSR) control technique.
The LED brightness can be dimmed by controlling the LED current down to a very low level.
The STEVAL-ILL066V1 evaluation board provides all the physical communication interfaces such as a DALI, insulated 0-10 and UART. All the communication is managed by the STLUX385A device. The UART interface and STLUX385A flexibility allow to quickly connect the STEVAL-ILL066V1 to alternative interfaces such as Wi-Fi, power line modems, Bluetooth®and Zigbee®. (Previous part number was STEVAL385LEDPSR).
- STLUX385A based
- High efficiency (92%)
- Primary side controlled
- Up to 100 W (100 V at 1 A or 200 V at 0.5 A)
- Single isolated output suitable for LED connection.
- Wide input voltage range: 90 V to 265 V AC
- Adjustable LED current and dimming
- Output resolution: 11-bit equivalent.
- IDLE mode power consumption: < 200 mW
- Real-time fault detection and protection (e. g.: short- or open circuit)
- Remote control via DALI, 0 - 10 V, UART
- RoHS compliant