The STEVAL-IFP020V1 demonstration board is based on the L6370Q, a single-channel high-side driver chip intended for driving resistive, inductive or capacitive loads in an industrial environment. It provides an embedded fast demagnetization feature for inductive load switch-off.
The device evaluates load disconnection (during channel on-state), output short to VCCor GND, overtemperature, undervoltage of supply voltage, and provides feedback to a control unit.
Integrating an extensive set of electrical protections makes the application safe and reliable for use in harsh conditions.
The STEVAL-IFP020V1 demonstration board is an example of application design using the L6370Q. It is used to guide the designer in choosing external components for applications while providing an appropriate PCB design.
- Single-channel topology
- Galvanic isolation
- 2.5 A output current
- 9.5 V to 35 V supply voltage range
- Short-circuit, overload, and thermal protections
- Loss of ground and VS protections
- Fast demagnetization of inductive loads
- Open load, output short to VS detection
- Two diagnostic outputs
- Output status LED driver
- EMC immunity against burst, surge, and ESD
- RoHS compliant