Many appliances today use non-isolated power supplies to furnish the low output power required to run a microcontroller, LED displays, and relays or AC switches. This type of power supply has a single rectifier to reference the neutral to output ground in order to fire Triacs or AC switches.
This demonstration board can use the VIPER12A-E or the VIPER22A-E, which are pinfor- pin compatible and can supply power for a wide variety of applications.
The VIPER12A-E is used for 12 V at 200 mA and 16 V at 200 mA, while the VIPER22A-E is used for 12 V at 350 mA and 16 V at 350 mA.
The same board can be used for any output voltage from 10 V to 35 V.
For more design details, please refer to application note AN1357.
- Integrated short-circuit protection
- 70% to 80% efficiency at full load
- Input voltage range 85 Vac to 264 Vac
- Lowest possible component count
- Input voltage frequency 50/60 Hz
- No-load consumption around 200 mW
- Integrated thermal overload protection