This document describes a 5 V- 0.15 A power supply set in buck topology with the VIPer06XS, a new off-line high voltage converter by STMicroelectronics, specifically developed for non-isolated SMPS.
The features of the device include an 800 V avalanche rugged power section, PWM operation at 30 kHz with frequency jittering for lower EMI, limiting current with adjustable set point, on-board soft-start, safe auto-restart after a fault condition and low standby power consumption.
The available protection includes a thermal shutdown with hysteresis, delayed overload protection and open loop failure protection. All protection is auto-restart mode.
- Universal input mains range:
- input voltage: 90 - 264 VAC
- frequency: 45 - 65 Hz
- Single-output voltage:
- 5 V @ 0.16 A continuous operation
- Fully protected against faults (overload, feedback disconnection and overheating)
- EMI: according to EN55022-Class-B