The STEVAL-ISA129V1 demonstration board is a 16 V - 280 mA application set in non isolated flyback topology using the VIPer16, a new off-line high voltage converter by STMicroelectronics.
The VIPer16 features an 800 V avalanche rugged power section, PWM operation at 115 kHz with frequency jittering for lower EMI, limiting current with adjustable set point, on-board soft-start, and safe auto-restart after a fault condition.
Moreover, the VIPer16 can work with or without the auxiliary winding. In the former case, it can reach very low standby consumption (< 50 mW at 265 Vac), while in the latter the IC is supplied by an internal current generator, thus eliminating the cost of the transformer auxiliary winding.
- Input voltage range VIN: 90 VRMS - 265 VRMS
- Output voltage VOUT: 16 V
- Max output current IOUT: 0.28 A
- Precision of output regulation VOUT_LF: ±5%
- High frequency output voltage ripple VOUT_HF: 50 mV
- Max ambient operating temperature TA: 60 °C
- RoHS compliant