The L3G3200D is a low-power three-axis angular rate sensor.
It includes a sensing element and an IC interface able to provide the measured angular rate to the external world through a digital interface (I2C/SPI).
The sensing element is manufactured using a dedicated micromachining process developed by ST to produce inertial sensors and actuators on silicon wafers. The IC interface is manufactured using a CMOS process that allows a high level of integration to design a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the sensing element characteristics.
The L3G3200D has a full scale of ±250/±500/ ±2000 dps and is capable of measuring rates with a user selectable bandwidth.
The L3G3200D is available in a plastic land grid array (LGA) package and can operate within a temperature range of -40 °C to +85 °C.
- Wide supply voltage, 2.4 V to 3.6 V
- Wide extended operating temperature (-40 °C to 85 °C)
- Low voltage compatible IOs, 1.8 V
- Low power consumption
- Embedded power-down
- Sleep mode
- Three selectable fullscale
- 16-bit rate value data output
- 8-bit temperature data output
- I2C/SPI digital output interface
- Two dedicated lines (1 interrupt, 1 data ready)
- User selectable bandwidth integrated low-pass filters
- User enable integrated high-pass filters
- Embedded self-test
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded FIFO
- High shock survivability
- ECOPACK® RoHS and “Green” compliant