The STBCFG01 is a switching battery charger integrating the functions needed to charge single cell Li-Ion batteries, monitor the battery charge state and generate 5 V to supply USB OTG bus powered devices.
The IC also integrates an LDO regulator to support system boot in dead battery conditions.
The battery charger features a smart input current limit: the maximum input current can be selected through I2C and if the input voltage drops below a programmable threshold the input current is reduced even if the selected maximum current limit has not been reached yet. The dynamic input current limit can be disabled.
An automatic input pre-bias load makes the device suitable for applications using voltage sources needing a minimum external load for proper regulation.
The STBCFG01 also integrates a voltage mode fuel gauge to provide accurate state of charge evaluation without the current sensing resistor.
- High efficiency switching battery charger
- 2 MHz or 3 MHz switching frequency
- 1.2 A max. charging current
- 20 V tolerant input with OVP
- Programmable input current limitation and dynamic input current limit
- Battery overvoltage protection
- Integrated current sensing resistor
- USB compatible
- Voltage mode fuel gauge
- No need for external sensing resistor
- Battery swap detection through ID resistor
- Low battery voltage and low SOC programmable alarms
- 50 mA LDO for system boot in dead battery condition
- USB OTG VBUS generation (500 mA)
- USB overvoltage protection
- Programmable battery overcurrent protection
- Automatic 60 mA input pre-bias
- I2 C compatible control interface
- Interrupt output pin
- Flip chip package, 25 bumps