Large selection of step-down DC-DC regulators with synchronous rectification
In the quest for higher efficiency and compact form factor in their DC-DC supply designs, engineers now have a few more allies: the L6985F, L6986F and L6986 step-down DC-DC regulators with synchronous rectification and an output current of 0.5 A, 1,5 A and 2 A respectively.
Based on a peak current mode architecture with a p-channel power MOSFET, they feature a selectable low-consumption-mode (LCM burst mode) to increase efficiency at light load, and a low-noise-mode (LNM with fixed PWM switching frequency) for noise-sensitive designs.
They all feature:
- 4 V to 38 V input voltage (VIN ) and output voltage adjustable from 0.85 V up-to VIN
- Quiescent current as low as 30 μA at light load and 8 μA at shut down
- Adjustable switching frequency (up to 2 MHz)
- Embedded output voltage supervisor, synchronization and output voltage sequencing
- On-chip current limiting, over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown and adjustable soft-start time