The LCP12 has been developed to protect SLICs operating on both negative and positive battery supplies, as well as high voltage SLICs. It provides crowbar mode protection for both TIP and RING lines. The surge suppression is assumed for each wire by two thyristor structures, one dedicated to positive surges the second one for negative surges. Both positive and negative threshold levels are programmable by two gates.
LCP12 can be used to help equipment to meet various standards such as UL1950, IEC 60950 / CSAC22.2, UL1459 and TIA-968-A. LCP12 pinout and clearance is compatible with UL60950. Resin meets UL94 V0.
LCP12 is UL497B approved - file: E136224.
The LCP12 associated with Epcos PTC model B59173C1130A151 is compliant with ITU TK20/K21 (4 kV lightning and AC power fault tests).
- Protection IC recommended for ringing SLICs
- Wide firing voltage range: -120 V to +120 V
- Low gate triggering current: IG = 5 mA max
- Peak pulse current: IPP = 50 A (10/1000 μs)
- Holding current: IH = 150 mA min.