The device is a serial access microcontroller designed for secure mobile applications. It incorporates the most recent generation of ARM® processors for embedded secure systems. Its SecurCore® SC300™ 32-bit RISC core is built on the Cortex® M3 core with additional security features to help to protect against advanced forms of attacks.
The SC300™ core brings great performance and excellent code density thanks to the Thumb®-2 instruction set.
The high-speed embedded Flash memory introduces more flexibility to the system.
The device also offers a serial communication interface fully compatible with the ISO/IEC 7816-3 standard (T=0, T=1) and a single-wire protocol (SWP) interface for communication with a near field communication (NFC) router in SIM/NFC applications.
An SPI Master/Slave interface is also available for communication in non-SIM applications.
The device features hardware accelerators for advanced cryptographic functions. The EDES peripheral provides a secure DES (Data Encryption Standard) algorithm implementation, while the NESCRYPT cryptoprocessor efficiently supports the public key algorithm. The AES peripheral ensures secure and fast AES algorithm implementation.
The device operates in the –25 to +85 °C temperature range and 1.8 V, 3 V and 5 V supply voltage ranges. A comprehensive range of power-saving modes enables the design of efficient low-power applications.
In order to meet environmental requirements, ST offers these devices in different grades of ECOPACK®packages, depending on their level of environmental compliance. ECOPACK®specifications, grade definitions and product status are available at: www.st.com. ECOPACK®is an ST trademark.
- Hardware features
- ARM® SecurCore® SC300™ 32-bit RISC core cadenced at 25 MHz
- 30 Kbytes of user RAM
- Up to 1280 Kbytes of user Flash memory with OTP area
- Asynchronous receiver transmitter supporting ISO/IEC 7816-3 T=0 and T=1 protocols (Slave mode supported)
- Single wire protocol (SWP) interface for communications with NFC router (ETSI 102-613 compliant)
- Master/slave serial peripheral interface (SPI)
- Three 16-bit timers with interrupt capability
- Seven general-purpose I/Os enabling proprietary protocol implementation
- 1.8 V, 3 V and 5 V supply voltage ranges
- External clock frequency from 1 up to 10 MHz
- Current consumption compatible with GSM and ETSI specifications
- Power-saving standby state
- Contact assignment compatible with ISO/IEC 7816-2
- ESD protection greater than 4 kV (HBM)
- Delivery forms:
- D18 micromodules
- Sawn 12” wafers
- ECOPACK®-compliant WLCSP, DFN8 5 × 6 mm and UFDFN8 4.2 × 4 mm packages
- Software features
- Secure Flash memory loader
- Flash memory drivers
- Security features
- Active shield
- Memory protection unit (MPU)
- Monitoring of environmental parameters
- Protection against faults
- 16- and 32-bit CRC calculation block (ISO 13239, IEEE 802.3, etc.)
- True random number generator
- Unique serial number on each die
- Hardware security-enhanced DES accelerator
- Hardware security-enhanced AES accelerator
- NESCRYPT coprocessor for public key cryptography algorithm