ST is committed to protecting the health and safety of employees, contractors and visitors by providing a safe working environment, preventing work injuries and illnesses, and providing access to healthcare.
Our key Health and Safety objectives
- Recordable Cases Rate at 0.2 or less
- Severity Rate at 2 or less by 2020
- Promote health and well-being programs and
ST began certifying sites to the OHSAS 18001 safety management standard in 2001. Today, 18 of our sites are OHSAS 18001 certified, including all the manufacturing operations and all the sites are engaged in reporting and improving their safety performance.
We remain focused on reducing hazards and risks, and improving our practices, results and all associated indicators. We provide voluntary health promotion programs to enhance employees’ well-being. For over ten years, ST has been committed to its goal of achieving zero accidents in the workplace, through formal safety programs such as Safety First. Health and safety are closely linked, and when we conduct site audits, we assess health and safety together.
Our Health and Safety strategy is supported by:
- Comprehensive safety rules
- Dedicated programs
- Quarterly monitoring of safety performance across all of our site
- Regular safety visits and internal audits of manufacturing and major non-manufacturing sites
- Health and safety visits by external experts
- Third-party OHSAS 18001 certification audits at 18 sites
- Regular safety training and awareness
Each manufacturing and large non-manufacturing site has a dedicated safety team. All of our smaller sites also have one person responsible for safety aspects and associated reporting.
Objectives and performance are available in our Sustainability report and Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Decalogue.